donderdag 12 december 2013

I had a haircut...and survived :)

Today I decided it was about time I went to the hairdresser. I last had a chop about six months ago and I started to notice some split hairs and dry ends. A couple of years ago I dyed part of my hair black and although it has fainted by now, not everything has grown out yet. The darker hair is definately drier and more prone to breakage, but after a +/- 5 cm. cut, the hemline looks much healthier and thicker now. All of my layers are gone too, which feels great! With an even hemline, the individual hairs will be better protected. 

[Source: Edward Scissorhands movie still]

I felt a bit nervous beforehand, but the hairdresser managed to keep her scissors under control and even made a few compliments. What a shock! Usually I'm every hairdresser's nightmare...and they're definately mine. They're just dying to chop off more and more, as if a short haircut is ones only option. I'm glad to know that apparently, peaceful cooperation is still a possibility however. :)

This morning:

Notice the black dye at the ends of my hair!



This afternoon:



4 opmerkingen:

  1. Your hair looks beautiful! :) Congrats about the good hairdresser's day and all the peaceful cooperation!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you! :) I think this is the first time I actually went home satisfied. Perhaps I was just being more clear than before on what I actually wanted and especially did nót want. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. It's amazing how much of a difference a simple even-out trim makes, your ends look so much thicker now!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I'm glad you don't loose too much length. Looks great! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen